The philosophy of the Courtyard Wing is to support the function of the cognitively impaired resident, accommodate behaviors, maximize functional abilities, promote safety and encourage independence of the resident. Our goal is to achieve this in the least restrictive environment while enhancing the dignity and quality of life for each resident.
Residents being admitted from home, Assisted Living or another Long Term Care facility that have a diagnosis of Alzheimer Disease, Dementia or other condition that warrants a “secure” environment. Residents that have attempted to leave a facility, wanders in and out of other people’s room, goes through other people’s personal belongings and is deemed medically appropriate for the Courtyard Wing by the attending physician. Residents deemed appropriate for safety measures that require an environment that has alarms to alert staff if a resident exits the wing unassisted.
Residents are transferred from the Courtyard Wing to another wing of the facility when deemed appropriate by the Care Plan Team due to resident’s medical condition no longer warranting the Courtyard Wing services.
Certified Nurses Assistants, Activity Staff, LPN’s and RN’s are assigned to the Courtyard Wing according to the residents needs and as deemed necessary by management.
- Secured doors that require a code to exit the wing
- Lobby for relaxation, viewing television and other recreational activities as deemed appropriate, Aviary and Aquarium
- Bathing facilities whereby a resident does not have to leave the wing for baths
- Dining Room to accommodate residents for meals and also used for activities and other recreational events
- An outdoor walking trail/track is available for supervised exercise activity
- A Gazebo for a place to sit/swing outside and enjoy the outdoors as weather permits
- Outdoor flower and vegetable gardens in season